Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Reflect upon this...!



...MiRRoR...














I am silver and exact. I have no preconceptions.
Whatever I see, I swallow immediately.
Just as it is, unmisted by love or dislike
I am not cruel, only truthful –
The eye of a little god, four-cornered.
Most of the time I meditate on the opposite wall.
It is pink, with speckles. I have looked at it so long
I think it is a part of my heart. But it flickers.
Faces and darkness separate us over and over.



Now I am a lake. A woman bends over me.
Searching my reaches for what she really is.
Then she turns to those liars, the candles or the moon.
I see her back, and reflect it faithfully
She rewards me with tears and an agitation of hands.
I am important to her. She comes and goes.
Each morning it is her face that replaces the darkness.
In me she has drowned a young girl, and in me an old woman
Rises toward her day after day, like a terrible fish.

:- Sylvia Plath
---------------------------------------


PS: I felt the beautifully abstract, 'minimalistic' painting above was tailor-made fer this gem of a poem I wanted to share. It was done 'extempore' (that too on MS-Paint!) by my dear friend Prasidhya Sridhar. Thanks a lot fer her allowing me-moron to use it here! :-)


Sylvia Plath was a beautiful lady who wrote verse that is filled with great sensitivity & a keen observation of Life & its vagaries. Sadly, she ended her life due to depression when she was only 31. :-(


Anyway, hope you liked this poem pa..? :)


Take care, & keep REFLECTING. . . :)


Love & Best Wishes,
The MiRRoR in "rags"
Planet Earth
===========================



















No comments:

Post a Comment

Pleeze do give me YOUr (in)valuable feedback...!
Thanks a lot in deed.. :)